Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing ok and enjoying the sunshine.
Seeing as I had so much fun creating them last week, I thought I’d come up with some more Maths challenges. These challenges are at a Year 3/ Year 4 level but feel free to have a go at any or all of them no matter which year group you belong to.
- Is this statement always true, sometimes true or never true? When writing a number in Roman numerals, the bigger numbers have more symbols than smaller numbers. Explain your answer.
2. Is this statement always true, sometimes true or never true? When writing a multiple of 10 in Roman numerals, they all contain an X. Explain your answer.
3. 3 glasses fill a bottle 2 bottles fill a jug 6 egg cups fill a glass.
How many egg cups fill a bottle? How many glasses fill a jug?
How many egg cups fill a jug? 2 jugs can fill how many egg cups?
4. How many seconds are there in a minute? How many minutes are there in an hour?
How many hours are there in a day? How many weeks are there in a year?
How many days are there in each of the 12 months of the year?
How many days are there in a year? How many days are there in a leap year?
5. Using your answers to the above questions, have a go at these:
How many seconds are there in 5 minutes?
How many minutes are there in one and a half hours?
How many hours are there in 3 days?
How many days are there in total during May, June and July?
How many days are there in 17 weeks?
When was our last leap year? How often do they occur? When will the next leap year be?
Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the challenges! Let me know how you get on with any of your activities! Remember, you can email any pictures or messages to email@example.com and they will get passed on to the correct teacher.
Take care, Miss Soar.